5ive Girls (Warren. P. Sonoda, 2006)
- Starts with an extreme long establishing Shot of an old building with a high fence around its perimeter. This could signify that the building is either trying to keep people on or keep them out.
- We can denote that it is a religious building because we get a close up of a girl holding Rosemary Beed's which connotes religion.
- The school girl in a school is the equilibrium.
- A soft piece of non-diegetic music is used to help create suspense. Piano and soft strings.
- A cross falls off the wall and breaks. Foreshadowing bad events are to come.
- The lighting becomes dark signifying bad is to come, the non-diegetic music speeds up creating tension.
- Not much dialog is used but a lot of Mise-en-scene is used.
- An extreme close up of the girl touching the priest's hand has polysemic meaning that she could have sinned.
- An extreme close up of her eyes shows fire in them which could signify evil.
- There is a lot of shot variation used to create a feel of un-certainty and to make it more interesting.
- Lots of use's of cut away shots.